Today at the Dubrovnik Hotel in Zagreb, the National Foundation for Civil Society Development presented the new NGO Fund in the Republic of Croatia as part of the European Economic Area/Norway Grants.
Since 1994, the Kingdom of Norway, the Principality of Lichtenstein and Iceland have been financing projects in EEA member states in order to reduce social and economic disparities within the Community, and to strengthen bilateral relations between member states.
The National Foundation for Civil Society Development has been accredited as the operator of the EEA and Norway grants in Croatia for the area of civil society, for which the amount of EUR 1.3 million has been allocated to finance NGO projects.
The NGO Fund will support the following areas, for which tenders or calls for the expression of interest will be launched:
- Solidarity and social capital in local communities;
- Models and mechanisms of investing into the sustainability of NGOs dealing with human rights and advocacy;
- Democratization and civil society development;
- Supporting innovative initiatives for children and youth in local communities;
- Better together – social inclusion of the Roma people in Croatia.
More: Photo gallery